20.9.11

Quilting!

Yes.... I've been busy quilting.  This is, after all, a quilting blog, and I've been making good progress on quilting Lemon Pie.  You can read about the making of this quilt here, here and here.


Lemon Pie Applique quilt
Please do not copy or link to this photo without my consent

I was able to get this sandwiched fairly quickly due the the small size of the quilt.  I love being able to do this on a table vs. floor -- I'm too old and my back hurts having to stoop over the floor!

I'm loosely following the freemotion quilting pattern recommended in the magazine but changed the background stitching in the 3 lower inner panels to better match the background fabrics.  I'm actually working on the border now, so it's going quickly.  As you can see in my photos, I still need to go back and bury my threads.

Lemon Pie Applique quilt
Please do not copy or link to this photo without my consent
I used embroidery floss to make the birds' eyes and a variegated thread by YLI for quilting.  I just finishing up the quilting in the outer borders and it feels good to see the finish line in sight!



A pic from my Saturday walk at Oyster Pt.  The red leaves made me think of Fall, although it this is some sort of evergreen tree!  One can tell that Fall is nearly here because we're finally getting some super hot weather here in the SF Bay Area!

9 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

What a great way to accent your background fabric. You quilting is beautiful as is your applique work.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

What a beautiful quilt Claudia, your quilting is beautiful. xo

Donna said...

Great quilting!

Shannon said...

I love your quilt!! It is so cool. I love all of the quilting. Linda over at Stray Stitches gave us an award so I thought I would come over and follow your blog and say hello!!

Tabatha said...

Terrific quilt, I found you through Amy's Creative Side and enjoyed your interview. I can really relate to your quilting time constraints!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

What a gorgeous quilt! I'm hopping over from Stray Stitches award list. This has been fun. I'm a new follower.

krisgray said...

Came over from Stray Stitches - LOVE your Lemon Pie quilt, so beautiful!

krisgray said...

Came over from Stray Stitches - LOVE your Lemon Pie quilt, so beautiful!

Tania said...

Hi Claudia, I too found you through Amy's Creative Side and I absolutely love what I have seen of your Lemon Pie applique. I am looking forward to reading back over some of your older posts, and staying up to date with your new ones xx