2.3.11

Quilting

Over the last couple of weeks, I've been freemotion quilting my Color Block quilt top.  On Saturday, I was literally on my last block when I ran out of thread.  Hopefully I will not have any trouble finding another spool of matching thread (Coats & Clark variegated from Joann's) and I'll be back in business again.


Here's a view of my progress from the back side.  I'm stitching a flower at the center of each block and adding leaves and squiggles to fill around the flowers and connect the blocks.  It has gone quicker and easier than I anticipated I think in part due to the design allowing me to work systematically from block to block and not requiring the quilt to be constantly turned.  One of the suggested quilting patterns for this design is to quilt conscentric squares starting at the center of each block.  While it would've looked very cool, I doubt I'd have the patience to execute such a design.  This is a queen sized quilt!


In some cases like in the photo above, I let the prints guide my flower designs.  I've been letting loose and having fun.

4 comments:

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love the quilting Claudia, hope you can find a replacement thread FAST!! It's going to look fabulous. xo

Dee said...

love, love, love the quilting!

Nadilah Sungkar said...

Beautiful...

Peppermint Pinwheels said...

The quilting looks like it's going to be so cool! I'm just about to start quilting on a huge quilt made with lots of the same pinkish dahlia fabric you've used!