31.1.11

To voile or not to voile

...that's the question.
Nest Voile by Valori Wells
(image from Fat Quarter Shop)

Ohio Star Quilt
(Incredible Shrinking Quilters Bee)
The quilt still needs borders -- I'm considering an inner narrow striped border followed by a wider border in solid green -- but it's not too soon to be thinking of backing fabric.  While browsing over at http://www.fatquartershop.com/, I cam across this gorgeous voile by Valoris Wells.  It's on sale for $9 a yard marked down from $15, and since it's 54" wide, I would only need 2 yards.

So, what do you think?  From what I understand, quilting with voile can be tricky because it's slinky.  Would it be a terrible mistake to use as backing fabric?

3 comments:

Lesly said...

I think it would be lovely and soft for backing. If you baste it well - whatever method you choose - it should be okay, shouldn't it? At that price I would go for it.

Lesly said...

How could I forget to say how SPECTACULAR that quilt is going to look! So proud I had a hand in it!

ParisMaddy said...

Claudia ~ it would be the Bride and Groom topping on the cake. I love the fabric and the quilt stars look fabulous all joined.