17.5.10

Sunday Stash on Monday

new fabrics

I made good progress this weekend on the string quilt but wasn't smart enough to take a picture.  I have 36 blocks completed so far. The Joel Dewberry fabrics pictured above from his Modern Meadow line have been cut into strips and incorporated into the quilt. 

I also purchased some solids.

                                   

The blue and golds (from left) are Moda cross weave and were 50% off at www.fatquartershop.com.  The aqua is Basic Grey Grunge in blue. I just LOVE the solids in this line although I don't care for the coordinating prints at all.  Maroon with blue together does nothing for me.  I'm thinking of using the grunge on the back of the string quilt.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Sew digging these colors together! Such a soft, happy, peaceful palette!

Blessings to you and your family!

Rebekah said...

pretty fabrics! I like the navy dots the second from the left.