1.3.10

Crazy!

Crazy Quilt at show

I visited my sister in Santa Cruz yesterday and we drove down to Watsonville to attend the Pajaro Valley Quilt Association's annual quilt show. I hadn't intended on taking any photos, but this one spectacular crazy quilt stopped me in my tracks.
Crazy Quilt''

The quilter made a block for each month but instead of incorporating the 12 blocks into a quilt, she hung these in a series of three panels. I'm ordinarily not a big fan of crazy quilts, but I thought this was spectacular.

My purchases:

purchases

IMG_0818
A yard of each for a baby quilt

IMG_0819
Some cute novelty fabric (who could resist a cat doing the hula hoop?)

IMG_0821
Vintage button, an impulse purchase

A couple of non-quilting related photos from my daughter's Chinese New Year performance at school last Thursday:



Lion Dance

3 comments:

Dee said...

Ooh, what a beautiful quilt. I love it when quilters think and sew outside of the box. Thanks for sharing it with us!

Your daughter is beautiful! Sew is the fabric, but even up against hula hooping cats, she's the cat's meow!

Rebekah said...

omg...that quilt is amazing! I can't even imagine how much time went into that...stunning!

ParisMaddy said...

Stunning work on the crazy quilt.

P.S. Your daughter is precious.