2.8.09

New beginnings

I haven't done a lick of sewing since returning from Long Beach. I have been admiring my new stash additions and hoping the fog would clear so I could share these with you. The fog has yet to lift, so this is the best I could do.

chicken fabrics

On my list of fabrics to be on the look out for at the quilt show, were fruit and veggie prints with the idea I'd make a small wall quilt for the kitchen. Instead I came up with this.


new fabric

The chicken fabric is actually much more colorful than the photo suggests.



New fabric

Two bundles of what I think are fat eighths - Jane Sassaman and Anna Marie Horner await a quilt for my daughter, Elizabeth. I have a rough idea (although I'm sure to change my mind a few dozen times before I start on this) to make a triangle quilt interspersing the prints with solids.



fabric

I'm going to use these in my color block quilt (in process).



I bought some hand dyes and batiks ... but those will have to wait for another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been playing around with anna maria horner fabrics last week too, they are such fun to sew as they are so.....well party-ish!!!
Love your fabric booty!! Now sew sew sew!!!!!

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

Love these fabrics, especially the Brandon Mably ones...yumm xo