9.7.09

It's coming along

A slight change of plans. Can you guess?




After deciding on the red polka dot for the borders, ultimately, I didn't care for the look of it with the hexes. I'll probably use the dots for the binding. But I did purchase 2 entire yards of dots! Should anyone care to swap a couple of yards of red dots for something else (i.e., liberty prints, hint, hint!), let me know.




Well, hello there....

The only place with sufficent light to shoot photos of the quilt this morning was in the front entrance. Elizabeth created her sarcophagus in her Ancient Egypt class. We've left her tucked in the curtains to greet guests.

3 comments:

Ann Champion said...

Well..I love polka dots..but they *might* have been a little over powering for the borders? I like the fabric you chose...it doesn't stand out too much or compete with the hexes. After all of that piecing you want those to be the focus? ;)

Claudia said...

Ann, I had the fabric I ended up using in my stash. I really wanted to find a better dot fabric - I could only find one at Beverly's and when I "tried it out", it simply didn't work. My first choice would be to leave off the borders entirely, but it left me with a quilt too small to be of much use.

Cathy @ CabbageQuilts said...

The fabric you went with in the end is lovely. A beautiful half hexi quilt xo