First, some exciting news!
Erica at Kitchen Table Quilting has awarded me a Liebster Award for my blog. . Thanks, Erica, I'm thrilled! You can read her post and check out her blog post about the Liebster Award here .
I copied from from her blog, the purpose of the award:
"The Liebster award (German for favorite) is for bloggers with 200 followers or less. As a recipient of the award, you have the chance to thank and link back to the blogger who gave it to you as well as pass it along to five other deserving blogs"
I'vee added Erica's blog to my Reader and look forward to exploring more small blogs. These are the quilters I'm awarding the Liebster Award to today:
1. The Quilted Tortoise. I immediately fell in love Michelle's work upon seeing a quilt of hers on flickr. She had made some stunning applique quilts that I greatly admire.
2. 1/4" Mark. Chase is a very talented and prolific quilter. Her blog is an interesting mix of quilting projects and the chronicling of simple moments in daily life.
3. Hearbreak Homestead. I recently discovered Hannah's blog through flickr. She is working on a "Starry Skies" sampler using the Miscellany line of fabrics. I love her modern style which is unique and not cliched (not the same 5 popular quilts one sees everywhere).
4. Sea Horse Quilts Donna is also working on the Farmer's Wife Sampler but also check out her stunning pickle dish quilt.
5. Smazoochie. I enjoy her blog for it's witty writing and great quilts - many creatively constructed out of upcycled clothing, etc.
I encourage my readers to check out these worthy blogs!
On to quilting.
Here's a peek at the scrappy borders I'm working on for my Liberty Fields quilt.
These strips have been cut into triangles and pieced with white squares to form diamonds (not pictured). The instructions had my brain all twisted up into a pretzel but the actual process is not all that difficult. With a little experimentation, I figured out a method that worked. Phew!
The big test is if these borders fit on the quilt which doesn't seem at all square!