12.10.10

Still Destashing - Maple Leaf Blocks

The idea was to make Maple Leaves for my month of the Shrinking Quilters' Bee but they turned out to be a bit fiddly so I put aside my mangled test blocks to work on getting my Bee packages together and out the door before returning to these leaves. Still intent on using up some fabrics from my stash I've thrown in some oldies including some wonderful Lonni Rossi prints I picked up in Iowa several years ago.


The block pattern is from quilterscache and is called Border Maple.   The suggested layout calls for setting blocks on point and adding corners (setting triangles) and then adding scrappy sashing. 


And as I mentioned earlier, this is my month to lead the Incredible Shrinking Quilters' Bee.  I chose the classic Ohio Star block. 


Bee info can be found here and here.

1 comment:

Dee said...

love the new twist on the maple leaves! I'm hoping to get your block done and in the mail next week. I just love the colors and pattern you chose!

Blessings!