13.9.10

Pseudo-Cathedral windows

Here's a little something I'm working on:



The block design is actually a "folded" Flying Geese block.  I found an excellent tutorial online (Ricky Timms & Alex Anderson video) and another tut that shows how to turn down and top-stitch the edges to create a curved-triangle shape (curved goose sounds too weird!).  I had to play around with it quite a bit to get the look I wanted.



I've completed my blocks but will add sashing to make an 18" pillow cover.  Check back here soon for further details.  I will be posting links and hints on this technique.


5 comments:

Sujata said...

I love your gorgeous stitching!

Lesly said...

Wow - I love that! Will definitely return to read more about this. Bring it on!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

love the stitching on it! well done! that yellowy green and blue are perfect

RosaMaría said...

beautiful!! love the stitching!!

Rebekah said...

what a cool block! I love the sashiko style stitching. Beautiful job!