10.5.10

A Happy Mother's Day

Some lovin' from my kids and a wonderful show. 


With so much going on this weekend, working on a large project seemed like too much to tackle. 

I decided to supplement my Mom's present with some nice homemade napkins.

 
I used some Alexander Henry fabric I had stashed away for a couple of years.    One yard of fabric yielded 4 napkins on the smallish side.

The mitered corners adds a nice detail and gives them a little more heft.


Last night I decided to whip out another gnome house block for the Shrinking Quilters' Bee.  Instead of planning this one, I auditioned the fabrics and quickly cut and sewed up a house.

I actually like this one much better than the earlier block that I had so meticulously planned out.  Ha! 

******

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Dee said...

What a fun Mother's Day this is! A show! How cool!

Love the napkins and the gnome house! I seriously need to mail mine! I'm so late.

Enjoy your family! We are blessed!

Rebekah said...

Happy belated Mother's Day!

That lemon fabric is perfect for kitchen napkins and your new house block is adorable.