If you are a long time reader of my blog, you may remember that I started on the Farmer's Wife quilt last year, but lately the blocks have been sitting in a box under my sewing table. Last night I pulled out the box (after hunting around for a while), and decided to sew up one of the easier block patterns.
I'm constructing the simpler blocks that are divisible by 6 by doing the math and cutting with a rotary cutter. Templates seem really fussy to me for such a simple block. I will be paper piecing the more intricate designs.
Here's my assistant getting in the act:
|Assisting with block selection|
|It's a bit small ...|