29.3.11

Playing around with some new fabrics


My daughter insisted I buy the castle fabric for her while we were at the Pajaro Valley Quilt Show last month.  The line is called "castle peeps".  I just bought the two prints showed here and will fill in the rest of the quilt with stash fabric.  I thought the blue print coordinated well - it has an orange peel print w/ a hornet or bee at the center.  I want to add a crenelated border to echo the castle print.  I still need to decide on fabrics and "do the math".  This may be in process for a while!

I'm on spring break this week and what better use of my time than to go fabric shopping?  My absolute favorite fabric store in the City - Peapod Fabrics - just reopened in a new and bigger location last Friday and I made it to the store on Sunday.


It was wonderful to visit with the shops' owner and see all of the fabulous fabrics on display.  The store is still very small by most standards but probably double the size of the former location.  I found fabric backings for two quilts in my WIP pile - the Ohio Star quilt from the Shrinking Quilters' Bee (the yellow print) and an aqua solid for my triangle quilt and the solid brown for the binding.   

The small cuts are not fat quarters but are small cuts (I haven't measured them but they are maybe 1/3 smaller than a fat quarter.  This is my only quibble with the store - she doesn't carry fat quarters.  I'm really loving the purples, browns and beige colors in these scraps.  I'm imagining these prints in small scale paper pieced blocks.  We'll see.

1 comment:

Dee said...

love the kitty, spring break and all the gorgeous fabrics you have here to share!

enjoy the holiday!